Do you work the SOHO way?
For the record, we’re not talking about Lower Manhattan.
Short for Small Office/Home Office, “SOHO” refers to a space for fewer than 10 employees (often just one!), often within the business owner’s residence.
Here in Canada, as more workers turn to self-employment and businesses offer flexible working arrangements, we’re seeing more people turning parts of their homes into multi-functional work spaces.
Of course, creating a home-office space where one can be productive is not without its challenges. Consider the following:
- Noise and lack of privacy: Sharing a hybrid space with other people can be difficult—particularly when trying to keep prying eyes away from projects; and working amidst noisy distractions like voices, television shows and video games.
- Clutter: Clutter—such as piles of paper and folders—can make the work space feel distracting, cramped, busy and disorganized.
- Exposed wires: Not only unsightly, exposed wires can also be potentially dangerous.
Sliding doors for SOHO perfection
Fortunately, experts of all kinds are available to help tackle problems often associated with creating a home office space.
The Sliding Door Company is just one business that creates work spaces that are safe, practical, and even trendy. That’s because our sliding doors have the ability to:
- offer a sense of visual privacy, as well as block noise; and
- hide (and keep other people away from) clutter and messy piles of cords.
Think you need a spare room or huge master bedroom to set up a work space? Think again. Sliding doors also have the power to create work-friendly spaces emerging from a spare corner, to just a few inches of a wall, or other areas you likely never believed possible.
The possibilities are endless
From architects, to interior designers, to space and product specialists, Canada is full of experts with ideas for your SOHO. Here are a few home office design tips from professionals in Toronto, Calgary and Vancouver:
Tips for designing your home office (Carrocel, Toronto)
4 ways to design the ideal home office (BE MODERN, Calgary)
Home office design: 6 great layouts (Casa Flores, Calgary)
Interior design tips for your home office (Old World Interiors, Vancouver)
Upgrading your home office in 2016 (Bandit Decor, Vancouver)
For more information:
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-844-754-3464 (SLIDING)
- Live in or near Toronto, Vancouver or Calgary? Come visit one of our beautiful showrooms and experience the sliding door difference for yourself!
- Got a project in mind? The Sliding Door Company can help. Complete our project assistance form and we’ll respond within 48 hours!
- Download our free catalogue for modernizing your home or commercial space.
- Need even more convincing why you should visit us? Learn the 10 Reasons To Choose The Sliding Door Company.